Cough preparation for infants.
Expectorant - Bronchodilator - Decongestant
Free from: Sugar, Alcohol, Glycols, Dyes
Each 1ml contains:
Guaiphenesin 20 mg
Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride 20 mg
Guaiphenesin reduces the viscosity of the sticky retentive respiratory tract secretions by reducing the adhesiveness and surface tension of these secretions , thereby facilitating their expectoration, without increasing the overall volume of the respiratory tract secretions
Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride is an oral sympathomimetic which exerts a vasoconstrictor effect on the blood vessels of the mucous membranes when they are dilated as a result of inflammation. Pseudoephedrine also has a bronchodilator effect.
Bronex is a preparation which can be used starting from the first month of life.
- Bronex facilitaes removal of excess viscous secretions.
- Effective in post-nasal discharge-induced cough
- Bronex improves respiratory tract airway flow
- Minimizes cough frequency
For the symptomatic relief of cough with respiratory tract infections and related conditions such as sinusitis, pharyngitis, bronchitis, and asthma, when these conditions are complicated by tenacious mucus and /or mucous plugs and congestion.
To promote nasal or sinus drainage.
Hypersensitivity to any component of the preparation, and severe hypertension.
Adverse reactions :
As with other expectorants and sympathomimetics , this drug might cause mild undesirable symptoms such as skin rashes, headache, tachycardia, nausea and vomiting.
- Other medications contain sympathomimetic agents should not be taken simultaneously with Bronex.
- Caution should be taken with patients suffering from diabetes mellitus, hyperthyroidism, these conditions, however, are rare in infants.
3 Times daily
Can be added to juices.
How supplied :
15 ml bottle with calibrated dropper.
More information about Bronex oral drops.